Gallagher Center (1950)
The Gallagher Center, Niagara University’s most well-known building, serves as the hub of on-campus student activity. Commonly referred to as “Gally,” this Student Center contains a mall-style food court, Tim Hortons Café, convenience store, lounge area, and administrative offices on its lower level. Upstairs is occupied by NU’s Athletic Department and a 2,400-seat gymnasium, home court of the Niagara University men’s and women’s basketball teams.
The facility was named in 1982 in memory of John J. “Taps” Gallagher (1905-1982), the legendary basketball coach who guided the Purple Eagles for 31 seasons, beginning in 1931.
On any given day, students can relax in the Gallagher Center, have a meal, drink a hot beverage or listen to live music. Check out the Niagara University Athletic Hall of Fame on the second floor or Niagara's own student-run radio station, WNIA.