Meade Hall (1926)
For more than 80 years, Meade Hall served as the residence of the Vincentian priests and brothers who staffed the university. It was originally called Our Lady of Angels Faculty House because it housed the faculty of the College and Seminary of Our Lady of Angels. It was also a memorial to members of Our Lady of Angels Novenas, whose donations funded construction.
The three-story building was rededicated in 1967 in honor of the Rev. Francis L. Meade, C.M., (1894-1958), who served from 1947 to 1957 as the 16th president of the university. He was first assigned to Niagara in 1928 and served as religious superior, dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, and vice president before being named president.
Built to accommodate up to three dozen men, Meade Hall eventually became too large and inefficient for the modern day needs of the Vincentian Community. Its use as a residence was discontinued at the end of 2008. Plans call for its eventual conversion to university office space.
Niagara University recently announced plans to convert Meade Hall into the Gacioch Family Alumni and Admissions Center.