Seton Hall (1970)
Opened in 1970, Seton Hall was the first women's residence on campus. The eight-story structure, with a capacity of 454, now houses men and women on separate floors. Laundry facilities are located on the basement and are free to students. Seton also offers a student lounge and study rooms on each floor and a snack area in its lobby. A Learning/Writing Center is available to all NU students on the facility's lower level.
Seton Hall is named for the first native-born American saint, Elizabeth Ann Seton (1774-1821), foundress of the Daughters of Charity in America. She was canonized as a saint in 1975.