The Vincentian Residence, a contemporary, two-story brick-and-stone structure, opened in December 2008. The front of the building, which is mostly glass, provides a sweeping view of the Niagara River Gorge and nearby Ontario, Canada. It has room for eight permanent residents and two guests.
The building was constructed to replace Meade Hall, the former residence of NU's Vincentian priests and brothers. Funding for the $3.6 million residence was among projects included in the university's capital campaign, “The Promise of Niagara ”¦ The next 150 years.”
Dick Chapdelaine, Class of 1949, and his wife, Therese, and the Eastern Province of the Congregation of the Mission were the primary beneficiaries, providing $2 million toward the cost of construction.